BLACKBERRY, LEMON LOAF & BLACKBERRY JAM
This recipe will be a loaf-changing experience!
time: 35 minsserves: 8-10
- 1.5 cups buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup blanched almond meal
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2.5 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup almond milk, room temp
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup frozen blackberries, coated in flour
- For the jam, add the thawed frozen blackberries into a bowl and mash well. Add in the remaining jam ingredients and mix until combined, then transfer into the fridge to set.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180*C (355 Fahrenheit) and start on the loaf. Combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, mashed banana, rice malt syrup, almond milk and coconut oil into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Pour in the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Gently fold through the blackberries and transfer into a baking tin.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until golden on the outside and cooked on the inside.
- Cool at room temperature before slicing.
- Serve with the blackberry jam you made earlier & enjoy!