With its unique nutritional profile and tasty flavour, Acai berry powder has become an increasingly popular ingredient in the past few years. It is commonly used in smoothies and bowls to make a flavourful and nutritious meal or snack. It is made using fresh acai berries, which are turned into a powder.
he acai berry is a small, round, deep purple super berry native to Central and South America. It grows on acai palm trees in the rainforest. This nutrient-dense superfood is an excellent source of dietary fiber, Vitamin C, Omega-3, and amino acids (the building blocks of protein). It also contains powerful vitamins and minerals such as - Vitamin A, B1, B2, B3, C, and E, manganese, copper, and magnesium.
The Benefits of Acai
Incorporating acai powders into your meals and recipes offers a wide range of potential health benefits that everyone should take advantage of. From improving skin health to boosting energy by improving blood circulation, using acai powder as a dietary supplement is helpful for the whole body!
1. Dense in Nutrients
Acai berries are packed with nutrients and amino acids that can help you stay healthy and energized throughout the day.
- They have a high antioxidant content, which protects cells from oxidative damage caused by free radicals. Free radicals are unstable molecules that cause damaging effects on the human body. Antioxidants neutralize these harmful chemicals and keep them at bay. The antioxidant properties in acai berries can relax your blood vessels and improve your overall blood composition.
- Vitamin C is another antioxidant found in acai berries. This vitamin helps build collagen in your skin cells, which keeps them firm and supple. Collagen is important for your skin's health and keeping it youthful looking.
- Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that play an important role in maintaining good heart health. These fatty acids are also necessary for good brain health and development.
- Minerals like calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, and phosphorus are all present in acai berries. Calcium is needed for strong bones and teeth, while iron is vital for blood formation. Zinc is important for immune system function, while potassium and phosphorus are required for muscle contraction.
2. Good for Heart Health and Prevents Heart Diseases
Acai berries contain natural plant sterols and Omega fatty acids, which are known to help keep your bad cholesterol levels, or LDL cholesterol, low. Research suggests that LDL cholesterol may clog arteries and potentially increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Plant sterols occur naturally in vegetables, legumes, nuts, cereals, and fruits. Regular consumption of these plant sterols blocks the absorption of LDL cholesterol in the gut to keep these levels low.
3. Aids in Healthy Digestion
The acai berry fruit contains polyphenols, which have antioxidant properties that may help support gut health. Polyphenols don't get broken down in the stomach or intestines, which provides a good food source for the good bacteria in your digestive system. Eating foods rich in polyphenols delivers benefits all the way through the gastrointestinal tract, all the way down to the colon.
4. Healthy Sugar Source
One cup of acai berries contains only 2 grams of sugar. That's less than half the amount of sugar found in one medium banana. Acai berry powder increases your energy metabolism and may help with weight loss. It generates natural energy from the nutrients it provides rather than from caffeine or a sugar spike.
5. Boost Energy Levels
When you eat foods that have high antioxidant levels, it's easier to get energy from food. Antioxidants help fight against free radical damage, which can slow down metabolism and decrease energy levels. The antioxidants in acai berry powder may increase your energy levels and may improve overall brain function, making it a perfect snack when you need an afternoon boost!
You should look for acai berry powders that do not contain artificial colors, flavours, preservatives, or additives
What to Look For in Your Acai Berry Powder
- Organic Ingredients: Look for organic ingredients when purchasing an acai berry supplement. You want to make sure there aren't any pesticides used on your food products. Pesticides can potentially be toxic to humans and animals.
- Essential Nutrients: A good acai berry powder will contain essential nutrients that have positive effects on our health. These include vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, C, and E, manganese, copper, and magnesium. These essential nutrients help the body stay healthy and provide a great source of energy to keep you going through the day.
- Free of Additives and Preservatives: You should look for acai berry powders that do not contain artificial colors, flavours, preservatives, or additives. Some manufacturers use synthetic chemicals to preserve their products, but they can potentially have damaging effects on your health. While others combine cheaper less effective berries or fillers in their blend and only have a small amount of Acai.
- No Added Sugars or Sweeteners: Most acai berry powders have a great taste on their own, so you want to avoid powders with added sugars, artificial sweeteners, or other flavourings.
Recipes for Acai Berry Powder
Acai is a tasty and great addition to transform your smoothie and smoothie bowls. They go great with various fresh and frozen fruits and other nutritious ingredients. Here are some of our favorite recipes and ways to incorporate Tropeaka Acai Powder into some of your meals throughout the day:
This acai bowl combines Acai Berry Powder with a blend of fresh fruit, oats, and orange juice for a nutritious meal to be enjoyed any time of the day. All you need is a blender and 10 minutes to make this delicious smoothie bowl.
This slushie combines the Acai Berry Powder with frozen berries, lemon and apple juice, maple syrup, and ice in a blender to create this nutritious treat. It only takes 10 minutes to make and is a great snack to have throughout the day.
This tasty jam can be added to all of your favorite foods for a nutrient-packed meal. The jam takes the Acai Berry Powder and blends it together with blueberries, chia seeds, lemon juice, and your choice of liquid sweetener. It only takes 5 minutes to make, and then let it sit overnight in the fridge before enjoying.
Who says dessert can't be tasty and nutritious? This fruit crisp recipe is filled with a blend of delicious, healthy ingredients along with the Acai Berry Powder. It can be enjoyed year-round with a scoop of ice cream, and not just in the summer! It takes about 10 minutes to prepare and 50 minutes to cook.
For a little more involved recipe that is sure to make your taste buds happy, try out this fruity and zesty bread loaf. It combines lemon, blackberries, and bananas in the bread and is topped off with blackberry jam. It takes about 35 minutes to prepare and makes about 8-10 servings.
How Will You Add Tropeaka Acai Powder to Your Diet?
Tropeaka's Acai Berry Powder is certified organic and contains unique compounds, including polyphenolic anthocyanin (a powerful type of antioxidant) and plant sterols. It has a full 5 Star Health Rating under the Australian Health Star rating scheme and is proudly Non-GMO.
If you're looking to increase the number of antioxidants and nutrients in your diet and you love making smoothies and smoothie bowls, try out this Acai Berry Powder today!